F1: Young Drivers Test – A complete list of who will be driving for which teams
Tomorrow kicks off what appears to be the last ever F1 Young Driver’s Test which will be held in Britain’s own Silverstone circuit. Below you will find who will be participating. I don’t yet have confirmation from all the teams as to who will be driving on which days, so I have left out those details. For all intents and purposes however, this test can be considered more of a Pirelli Tyre Test than a true test of young F1 talent. Clearly allowing current race drivers to participate takes away from time behind the wheel for the youngsters for which these tests are meant to benefit. Sadly Conor Daly did not get the call from Force India. It is also sad to see Sam Bird unable to participate due to the circumstances.
- Driving for Red Bull Racing will be Alex Felix de Costa, Daniel Ricciardo (from Scuderia Toro Rosso), Mark Webber, Carlos Sainz, Jr. and reigning champion Sebastian Vettel
- For McLaren, Kevin Magnussen, Oliver Turvey and Gary Paffett will take turns at the wheel.
- It appears that Fernando Alonso will not be partaking in the fun for Ferrari. Testing duties will be handed to Italian racing driver Davide Rigon with Massa participating as well to some degree.
- Lotus will be fielding Nicolas Prost, Davide Valsecchi and Kimi Räikkönen.
- In the driver’s seat for Williams will be Daniel Juncadella, Pastor Maldonado and the lovely Susie Wolff. So happy to Susie included in this test.
- Scuderia Toro Rosso will have Johnny Cecotto, Carlos Sainz Jr, Daniel Ricciardo, Jeaqn Eric Vergne and Russan youngster Daniil Kvyat.
- Force India has announced that James Calado will be joining Paul di Resta & Adrian Sutil at Silverstone.
- Sauber’s Nico Hulkenberg will be joined by Robin Frijns and Kimiya Sato
- All youngster line up for Marussia as they will have Tio Ellinas and Rodolfo Gonzalez present for the test.
- Caterham has called upon Alexander Rossi, Will Stevens and both current racers Giedo Van Der Garde and Charles Pic.
Mercedes AMG Petronas has been banned from the young driver’s test as a result of the ruling in the International Tribunal.