UPDATED: F1 Young Drivers Test at Silverstone
I joked on Twitter this morning that in order for this to be a “Young” driver’s test, it was decided that Mark could not partake in the test. Yesterday, I posted the list of participants as shown below, I have made the revisions based on the changes announced today. As is apparent from the list, Mark Webber is no longer going to be participating. . Lotus has also decided to have Kimi sit this one out as well. The Hashtag that Lotus was using on Twitter this morning was #WheresRoscoe, referring of course to Lewis Hamilton’s four legged partner in crime. It then switched briefly to #WheresKimi. I joked that Kimi had decided to go look for Roscoe and therefore would not be participating.
On a more serious note now, here is the revised list:
- Driving for Red Bull Racing will be Alex Felix de Costa, Daniel Ricciardo (from Scuderia Toro Rosso), Carlos Sainz, Jr. and reigning champion Sebastian Vettel (Mark Webber will not be participating)
- For McLaren, Kevin Magnussen, Oliver Turvey and Gary Paffett will take turns at the wheel.
- It appears that Fernando Alonso will not be partaking in the fun for Ferrari. Testing duties will be handed to Italian racing driver Davide Rigon with Massa participating as well to some degree.
- Lotus will be fielding Nicolas Prost, Davide Valsecchi (Kimi Räikkönen will not be participating)
- In the driver’s seat for Williams will be Daniel Juncadella, Pastor Maldonado and the lovely Susie Wolff. So happy to Susie included in this test.
- Scuderia Toro Rosso will have Johnny Cecotto, Carlos Sainz Jr, Daniel Ricciardo, Jeaqn Eric Vergne and Russan youngster Daniil Kvyat.
- Force India has announced that James Calado will be joining Paul di Resta & Adrian Sutil at Silverstone.
- Sauber’s Nico Hulkenberg will be joined by Robin Frijns and Kimiya Sato
- All youngster line up for Marussia as they will have Tio Ellinas and Rodolfo Gonzalez present for the test.
- Caterham has called upon Alexander Rossi, Will Stevens and both current racers Giedo Van Der Garde and Charles Pic.
Mercedes AMG Petronas has been banned from the young driver’s test as a result of the ruling in the International Tribunal.